When using the Swamp Rabbit Trail it is important to observe some basic safety and courtesy rules.
1. Slower moving walkers and joggers should stay as far right as possible
2. Passing someone that is going slower than you should always be done on the left. A lot of people are listening to music while using the trail, so if you are riding a bicycle and about to pass someone please ring a bell or say “passing on left” loud enough for them to hear it.
3. The rubberized surface of the trail is intended for walkers and joggers only, please keep all wheels off of it.
4. Many of the intersections have stop signs or yield signs posted for trail users. For your safety, please obey these signs.
5. There are mile markers painted on the trail. If you aren’t near a road or street and need help, telling the 911 operator what miler marker you are near will help them send help to you faster!
6. Carry some form of identification with you with an emergency contact number of a relative or close friend in case something happens to you and you aren’t able to answer any questions.
Remember, we want you to have an enjoyable and safe time while using the trail!