Skip to main content

tv   The Five  FOX News  November 15, 2013 1:00am-2:01am PST

1:00 am
hello everyone. i'm kimberly along with bowli bowling >> it's 5:00 in new york city and this is "the five." >> the problems the web site has prevented too many americans from completing the enrollment h process. it is legitimate for them to expect me to have to win back the credibility. that's on me. that's on us. it's on me, it's not on them, it's on us.e this one is on us. >> after years of lying about the signature healthcare law an weeks after this launched to disastrous results those words you heard are president obama's
1:01 am
mia cull paw for a good reason. most americans think the president knowingly lied to get obamacare passed.y not a good place for the president to be. today he offered a solution to stop the pleading in an attempt to salvage his legacy. >> those who have plans that op predate the affordable care act can keep those plans if they haven't changed. today we are going to extend that principle both to people whose plans have changed since the law that took effect and the people who bought plans since b the law took effect. >> so ask yourself can we take president obama seriously? it has been six weeks since the lost failed launch. how did we get here? we shouldn't ask obama. he doesn't know. >> i was not informed directly the web site would not be working the way it was supposed to. had i beeno informed i wouldn't be going out saying this is going to be great. there is going to be a lot of
1:02 am
evaluation of how we got to this point. i assure you that i have been that. >> the buck stops where? >> theyps outlined that same e phrase in your last sound bite i was not informed directly the web site was not working the way it was supposed to. the plausible deny ability crap has to stop. i didn't know about it i learned about it's in the media. if it's your signature legislation you have toou know about it before it goes during the go time and after.si if obamacare was obamacare inc. that stuff in a board room woulu fly. they would drag him right out of there. the problem is, he is not. he is not. he's our president. not ceo. share hoerlds wouldn't put up with it we shouldn't put up witd it either. hopefully he stops with this i didn't know.
1:03 am
i didn't know doesn't fly. >> quit abowith the plausible d ability. dana what is the next stop. >> it was many days late and many dollars short. it is legally questionable whether or not he is allowed to do this outside of the congress. it is shaking the foundation you had a state lawmaker say o they won't allow insurance companies go back and reissue a canceled plan. they have a state by state problem. if the economics doesn't work the law won't change in 2014. if the economy is already in the mix is going to continue while they go through all of the shenanigans i think the white house served the president very poorly and he today looks, i hate to say it, but he looked very weak in front of the world. >> greg, you have some thoughts on this? >> yes, i do, kimberly. first off i say he's flying by the seat of his pants, but he is
1:04 am
not wearing any pants. this emperor is buck naked.ly i thought only congress who caning tlaus but maybe he slepte through more government classes than i did. it is more interesting. he believes the insurance companies can restore all of thn policies which i have no idea how they are going to do that. how are you going to rebuild something you destroyed? the white house is like a methhead who overnight took apart his toaster and wakes up and goes, who took apart the toaster and he has no idea how to put the toaster back together. i am not saying the white house is on meth. i am saying the white house is on meth. >> they may be more productive if they were.ho i am not going to deep boot through the ideology but however talk us through the politics. >> what it initially was we got a little time in the democratic
1:05 am
believing taking place. c we will see whether that holds or not. so far from the early indications it is. that's one. two from obama standpoint he has to consider the fact that he has no major piece of legislation left in his presidency. i think immigration reform is dead. i think it iios virtually impossible to come through something like this and give yourself momentum unless you cas find something to wrap yourself around. the most important thing facings obama right now is what happens in the 2014 nonpresidential election year elections.ti that is going to be a very important thing, because not only is the senate at stake you will have a difficult time getting enough houseboa votes. >> how long have you actually felt like this? this morning when i woke up i said to myself high hopes for immigration forget about it.t
1:06 am
you just commented on that. >> i can verify he said that. >> you were nocot there.we he can read my mind apparently from the other end of the tableh that i think was a very honest t assessment. right now this moment in time that appears to have no legs. when you go across the hundreds of thousands of policies canceled how do you get out of that. >> they areit not rebuilding the insurance plans. it would be up to the insurance companies. my guess is it is a long shot. y when you are like this ou politically you got to take the best shot you got.ot the best shot is dealing with you can keep your policy which was the cause of political po december ruks. >> this is come kel.
1:07 am
this is come kel. the insurance companies won't do this.la they were allowed to cancel.er they were lucrative with them.ty it is an opportunity to go it may be so. that's what business is all about. if you are selling something you are losing money on you stop selling it. sometimes you sell it because you are supposed to but when the obama administration says you don't have to do it any more you stop doing it. that's the pure and simple truth. this is all about the numbers wracking up on cancellations. that was 5 million, 15 million when the employer mandat,e kks in.oo 50, 80, 90 million people they are not signing anybody up. it was getting more and more skewed. they will continue to show 100,000 signed up or fewer
1:08 am
5,210,000. >> 90 percent of people covered by employers or the government or whatever. that means 10-15 percent have their own plans. how many is that? >> 42 million.co 50 percent of that is 45 million ballpark. >> too much math for me.t' we are going to go the pink and black end of the table. >> i can't believe no one has pointed out how racist president obama is. if you questioned or tried to change any part of obamacare you were a racist.me that is what msnbc was saying for two weeks. the only air bag in the car is obama and it didn't go off. this is a failure and it hangs on him. also the media refused to tell
1:09 am
obama that obamacare was a horrible death trap. it's like telling them they have an ugly kid. everybody is stuck with it and they deserve it. >> where did you buy your shirt? >> i liked it. it's nice. what's wrong with the combination, bob?t? is i like your combination. >> i like pink and black. >> i was picking up on kimberly. >> you are likeer mork and mind. >> the president in some way is trying to massage the situationg he's got to try to do something is what bob is saying. take a look at the sound with the president standing before us half naked, what greg is saying, buck naked. he is not a perfect man.n >> i said when i was running i am notot a perfect man, i am noa perfect president.es that pledge i haven't broke, that commitment that promise
1:10 am
continues to be -- continues toi hold, the promise i wouldn't be perfect. >> you got to give him a little credit for that. that is a pretty funny line. it is time like this he needs ta get some levity brought into this lething. >> they have nothing to do or nothing to laugh about he will be in a straight jacket before you know it. >> it would be nice, though, if he cared at all about what he is responsible for. poll lit co started a new magazine todayto about feelings that the t cabinet has side lin marginalized by president obama. one of the quotes was he brought so many things to i am had. he doesn't want to micro manage. i don't understand how he is not more embarrassed or there's nobody more mad than he is about not being told that his signature legislation was not
1:11 am
going to work.he i don't think the democrats will hold. theht policy can't hold up was logically he ceconomically what president proposed is not good there's no plan beyond sunday. >> you are not saying he sdoo has no idea about people getting healthcare. >> from a management standpoint leader of the company, he is so, uninterested or he has his stafy so scared he isn't told. information management at the white house at this time is ata low point. >> them being terrified to go up and say significant to them nd which is part of what they use against republicans and you are racist if you'r did something le that. i don't think anybody shouldou interested in saving obamacare. they should be interested in
1:12 am
saving america from obamacare. is it just a coincidence the delay will go right up to the he mid terms?e i don't think that should happen. they shouldth pay the price brutally. >> the bad part about this is h somehow before obamacare with the good old days it was fallinl apart and overly expensive. >> here's what i say. find out what obamacare is all about. if anybody else had done that ls they would be fired if they didn'tey tell the boss they wer miserable. when you get into this obamacare the reason people aren't signing up there are glitches in this thing all over the place. listen to a wedding text, two people middle income making 62,040. two incomes. when you make that extra 52,04 you go from 11,000 doll -- 5,000
1:13 am
dollar premium todo 11,000 doll premium unless you get divorced. there are examples of this through the obamacare law. >> maybe an upside to this. >> divorce is? this is a perfect opportunity to pull out of this. >> has observe care doomed democrats for next year's election? how much will the xtgop be ableo capitalize on disaster. good news for all of you 50 shades of grey fan. some people are upset again. i will tell you why. grey fans. some people are upset again. i'll tell you why.
1:14 am
1:15 am
1:16 am
1:17 am
♪ >> excellent choice. millions of americans who lost their insurance aren't just angry at president obama for his broken promises some could be
1:18 am
accountable in the up coming mid term election. today the president tried to save them. >> there is no doubt that our failure to roll out the smoothly has put a burden on democrats whether they are running or not. they stood up and supported this effort. i feel deeply responsible for making it harder for them rather than easier for them. >> i tell you what, greg, if you were not asleep before that press conference you might has been fallen ache sleep when he talked it to death. >> he really is a human drone. it is incredible. he puts everybody out. usually he's an invigorating speaker. it was also kind of depressing.
1:19 am
>> what better order than president obama. >> it is sincere and doesn't come up with -- if president obama is feeling confident he would have been dropping g's. i also think rand paul is a good speaker. he's entertaining and dynamic. >> have you not seen him speak for hours on the floor of the senate. >> can president obama do anything to save the democrats at this point? >> no. right now what the man was doing is saying don't blame them blame me. the buck stops with me all that crap. when they go to the bowling booth they are going to blame democrats. they are the ones who pushed it. remember she said this, she said that. president obama did the speech today because that web site is
1:20 am
not going to be fixed any time soon. he told the world don't expect this thing to get fixed stop blaming them. they are screwed. the sooner they fix the web site and the sooner they figure out it wasn't the web site the reason why people aren't signing up it is more about the law not the web site they will be deeper. >> can you put on a different hat if you were advising the republicans, if you were advising them what do you think they should do right now since they are sort of at least winning the debate about obamacare at the moment. how can they be in that position if you were advising them? >> they have to get off the no no no. this window of opportunity it is an absolutely done deal for next fall. a lot of things are going to
1:21 am
change. let's not try to get the election decided for this climate. we told you so, told you so. i came up with something that has substance to it. >> they don't need to right now. they need to point out the flaws in the web site and in the rollout. young people don't sign up the cost explode they can point that out. >> the strange thing is democrats haven't been able to have record fundraising together. they have the debacle with the win or 2014. the money is the best thing he could buy for him. >> clearly he's not delivering the sound bytes and the material he needs to win elections. this is mobilizing their base because they are afraid of the eventual outcome. they see what's happening.
1:22 am
the headlights are on and they see the train coming. it's a big problem. i think the republicans have a unique opportunity here. they don't need to over play their hand. at a certain point it is good they have to come up with something eventually that is an alternative to avoid the pit fall of a single payer system. ultimately when this fails completely. >> we only have one minute. i am not going to play the sound bite were john mccain that said the republicans have to stand up and get this thing figured out. greg, you are a worer. do you worry republicans are going to blow it? >> absolutely. the future of the republican party is being created president obama right now. the people getting screwed over right now are young people who just see their future foreclosed to a confidence man. they are waiting for a new party to instill hope and change that obama crushed with his wealth
1:23 am
spreading machine. republicans have to be there. they have to be pify about the candidates no more quacks no more that run to get tv shows. they have to be people who really want to serve the country and are positive and funny and younger. >> are you trying to nominate yourself? >> what you just said is important. you are talking about the republican's benefit. let's remember the people don't like the republican party. 20 percent of the people who decide to elect think the budget right -- >> those numbers are tainted, bob. >> what's moving it? obamacare is moving. >> without that you would be -- you put up the worst candidate most inarticulate right wing. >> john mccain you point out -- you also said last night on greta time to repeal the law. this is the man who yelled at ted cruz for shutting down the
1:24 am
government all ted cruz wanted to do is reteal -- repeal obamacare. we need to stop putting up thief swapping moderates as well. >> after you defund you can get to repeal eventually. we didn't so here we are. directly heyed after rob lowe takes on big dovt abogovernment thats makes comments about football and charles barclay has a warning for the black community. all of that and more when "the five" returns.
1:25 am
1:26 am
1:27 am
1:28 am
welcome back to the five. we love provocative comments and stories here on the show. we've got good on >> we have three even nuke
1:29 am
storistore oo -- unique stories. let's start with the sound of charles barclay. >> i always tell my white friends ya'll got nothing to worry about black people are more full of it han white people are. blacks on black crime is the biggest problem we have probably going on in this country and none of the black leaders talk about it until the white guy kills a black by which is totally absurd in my opinion. >> you want to take this? >> i love charles barclay. 50 percent of him is great and 50 percent is bar gage. you have to take the good with the garbage. it is refreshing i guess to hear a celebrity talk about black on black crime who isn't on fox news, he is somewhere else doing it. it would be nice to see that happen among black politicians. unfortunately it doesn't. i think he said more about black crime than president obama did in five years.
1:30 am
>> i agree. the first half of what he said is not redick louse. not enough intelligent blacks. that's absurd. the last part about black on black crime that will resinate more than anything i have heard in the last three years coming from somebody like barkley. he is sending a message to the al sharptons and jesse jackson if one of you two said this it would have a big impact on people. >> i think his honesty and candor is refreshing and like the eyebrows. >> i didn't notice the eyebrows but i am going to check next. >> he said something about running for office. i think he should. >> not after the incident when he was pulled over. >> but everybody has something now. >> you know what? he is charles and he is honest as the day is long. >> i don't know i think there are senators who made up a bunch
1:31 am
of stories. >> listen to rob lowe raising some eyebrows getting his conservative on. >> eyebrows. >> my own world view is that the individual needs to be more responsible for their own lives and that is not the conversation we are having right now for whatever reason. >> you know what goes on during the sound bytes we came here. dana and kimberly think he's hot. >> very cute. >> i don't even know what he is saying. i am just looking at him. he is so cute. i like him. i have always been a fan. >> you know it's true all of the girls like him. i met him in person he's very nice. wife is very nice. great guy. >> what about the comment? personal responsibility. >> i am all for personal responsibility. i am a former prosecutor i believe in justice. >> this coming from a white dude talking about accountability?
1:32 am
give me a break. >> just because he is white you are making assumptions. >> he doesn't have a clue what it is like to be middle class or poor. >> why didn't you say anything about charles barkley. >> this is what i want to say about adam kutcher -- >> ashton kutcher. >> like about a month ago he said something like this at the vma awards he said it again recently about personal responsibility. i think it's a great message coming from hollywood. >> any thoughts on this guy? >> he had a rough life. chad low lowe is the real star of the family. you know why you like him? because he's got feminine qualities. women are attracted to men with feminine fish shall structure. >> is that a weird way to compliment yourself? >> finally bob costas. >> i would tell him no.
1:33 am
i would tell him no. i know that goes viral tomorrow, but let me put it this way. if it were my son, all right, he was 13 years old and had reasonable athletic ability i would encourage him to play baseball or to play basketball or to play soccer or something other than football. >> so bob costas says he would encourage his kid not to play -- his sons to play. >> he's talking about it in the context of what's going on with miami dolphins. >> i agree with this. i told my son not to play the game. i played it for a lot of years. it is a painful very difficult very dangerous game. if you want to do it go do it it is a wonderful game from my standpoint as well. it is dangerous. i would much prefer my kid play soccer. >> whyour son is a great golfer. >> so what if he plays football. he can play football. i have a bigger problem with all of these sports casters suddenly
1:34 am
becoming so concerned and fretful. sports writers and sports casters are supposed to be rude guard chomping womanizers. return from oscar madison to gladys kravitz from bewitched. >> oscar mayer wiener. >> going viral, i hate that. >> here's an option. don't play any sport, play a musical instrument. that goes so much furor these days. if you learn to play the drums or guitar, women love you. it's a wonderful skill and teaches you discipline. >> taking advice from a guy who never played sports in his life either. he is like this big. >> he is so self important. he's taking baldwin's show when that collapses. i don't understand. >> i like him. i love when he goes to the olympics and introduces you to
1:35 am
all of the people. >> he's a decent guy who raises great issues. >> you want to go to the olympics with him. >> next, is it too soon if you don't believe in global warming? one of the liberal theologian says so. just got convicted. how do you celebrate? chasing down another foe to go. as usual profanity ensued. [ male announcer ] 'tis the season of more. more shopping. more dining out. and alo with it, more identity theft. by the time this holiday season is over, more than a million identities may be stolen. every time you pull out your wallet,
1:36 am
shop online, or hit the road, you give thieves a chance to ruin your holiday. by the time you're done watching this, as many as 35 more identities may be stolen. you can't be on the lookout 24/7 but lifelock can. they're relentless about protecting your identity every mute of every day. when someone steals your identity and tries to take over your bank accounts, drain the equity in your home, or even tries to buy a car in your name, lifelock is on the job 24/7. when they detect a threat to your identity within their network, they will alert you by text, phone, or e-mail, protecting you before the damage can be done. lifelock wants you to be protected ts holiday season. so they're giving you 60 days of protection risk free. my years as a prosecutor taught me that you have to be proactive to protect yourself from crime. and that's especially true of identity theft. that's why i'm a member of lifelock. [ male announcer ] no one protects you better th lifelock.
1:37 am
and they stand behind their protection with the power of their $1 million service guarantee. in fact, last year, lifelock protected over 2 million people during the holidays and now they can do it for you. try lifelock's protection 60 days risk free. ♪ ♪ order now and get a special holiday gif-- a document shredder to keep sensitive documents out of the wrong hands. a $29 value free. ♪ ♪ because during the holidays, keeping your identity protected means keeping your family protected.
1:38 am
1:39 am
1:40 am
after every >> after every major disaster some nut case will blame it on nature. al gore will blame man how he pays the alimony. he will blame the use of fossil fuels. the dead aren't even buried yet. this is what she blames the tragedy on. the moral evil of climate change denial that is. those who continue to deny violent climate change is upon us and it is accelerating. now it is foolish to expect science from crazy. she is so nutty. she qualifies as a snicker's bar. her assumptions are no better than others gloating over disaster. i hate when evangelists who blame aids or earthquakes no misery is too big to fuel your smug satisfaction. the shameful sickness still
1:41 am
exists but under a new religion one of life faith and flat earth hysteria. congratulations on cementing your incorrect assumptions about man's roll in causing typhoons. grieving families are so happy to oblige. >> don't do it. don't go to bob. >> i am not going to bob first. >> kimberly. cyclones are caused by weather fluctuating and climate variability. why do people say stupid things in light of tragedy. >> everybody knows that. they must be really dumb. what i don't like is taking advantage of a situation like this. i think it's really sickening for political opportunists to jump in and fill the void to further their cause. they are not thinking about the casualties the lives lost, the families affected any of it. they don't have the science of
1:42 am
the facts to back up what they are saying either. >> this argument is always dangerous at this table because greg. these are facts. facts are that that -- the water level is higher than it has ever been before when that typhoon hit. two, this year, in canada in the glaciers they receded so far there were two islands that had never been uncovered by a glacier. the plant loss on that thing all died. it was 44,000 years old. it had never seen anything but a glacier. >> where do you get this from? >> scientific american. >> what about the typhoon. >> what does this have to do with the typhoon? >> wait a second. the typhoon because it is much more dangerous for higher elevations of water.
1:43 am
>> every single scientists including people who believe in global warming say there has been no increase in cyclones no interest in natural disasters. >> in higher water levels whether it is sandy or cyclones -- >> you are not listening to me. it's false to link this to emission of greenhouse gases. >> ridiculous. >> i gave you the fact from the ipcc report. you are picking and choosing thing. >> it increased and also this year's hurricane season was one of the mildest. >> 44,000 years. >> how do you explain that? >> do you have global rm with aing facts you pulled out of your butt? >> oh my god. >> i was talking about bob. >> i have theories. global warming is the purperfec excuse for people not living in the third word. it gives them a pass oh my gosh it's global warming. that doesn't help provide affordable electricity. they could have had more information so they could have gotten out of harm's way.
1:44 am
with more affordable electricity that is steady you have better education, united better healthcare, better well-being and possibility of trade which will help everybody. what this kind of thing does for the people who are global warmin' -- i am like obama now. global warming extremists they raise money off of it. this is an epidemic. >> you are a gloebl global warming cover up people. you don't think down the road. >> that is bologna. >> i work on the energy and power subsidy. >> you don't believe there's global warming? is>> i do. but i don't think it's man-made. if it is man-made it's made by all men. so in brazil and india are you going to get them to go along with your plan? >> no, absolutely not. >> what about the fiphilippines? is nothing. that's an excuse to not help people with poverty. >> it is not an excuse to say
1:45 am
global warming does not exist. >> nobody at this table says that. >> i will push back. global warming goes in cycles. that is a fact. every 50 or 60 years the cycle changes. i remember this. we talked about this before, news week had the eminent ice age that was coming for the last ten years. >> with all of the polar bears dying. >> now it is warming. now it is cooling down. >> 50 billion people putting stuff in the air. >> i love you you are a good friend but you are so off with this. >> sorry. you don't read it. >> (talking over one another) >> you we know away from global rm with aing because it wasn't working any more. you can't refute climate change but not global warming. >> the globe is not warm because man is -- >> bob, it's being on a bad ass
1:46 am
sid trip. -- /* /- >> more red meat for bob as rand paul goes after chris christie. nothing makes bob happier than when republicans viewed. this is a family show.
1:47 am
1:48 am
1:49 am
1:50 am
a a>> continuing our discussion on climate -- i am sorry. since october 1st my buddies beat me up on obamacare. nothing pleases me more than to return the favor. my boy ted de cruz who i am wholeheartedly supporting and now you can add rand paul for taking shots at chris christie. >> i think his victory was in large form based on he got a lot of money for his state.
1:51 am
>> it sounded like a tough shot. >> maybe. but he is right. chris christie is a moderate. he's moderate on the second amendment moderate on property taxes. chris christie fired the first shot. this is july 25th when christie said as a former prosecutor he said yi want to be cautious abot the string of libertarianism making headlines is dangerous. libertarian isn't dangerous it is the way of the future you better embrace it if you expect to get any more -- young people aren't embracing libertarians not moderates. >> listen, i got to ask you, been watching the disintegration of the republican party middle and the right. it has to concern you.
1:52 am
>> like a bizarre sugar high. >> i was listening to the sound bite. i think it's pretty mild criticism. it is said in a respectful way and conservatives have better light to be able to communicate with one another disagree and go ahead and vote for each other. i think it is great rather than pretend to be open minded when you are actually -- >> didn't work that way last time around. >> i am jealous of the democrats the way the party can walk in lock step and blind belief to a community organizing charlotin that's how they win. >> you are hard hitting today. >> anything you would like to say about the demise of your mae party? >> i see opportunity and a field of dreams. look into my eyes you will see it, too. >> ted de cruz that's the field of dreams. >> there are two people and there are more and they are coming. they have a young bench they have a lot of stars there already making the rounds and
1:53 am
speeches. they can't wait, can't wait for 2014. >> what difference at this point does it make? >> the next round is only next week. >> it was going so well. wasn't it?
1:54 am
1:55 am
he>> hot head alec baldwin hours after winning in court yesterday. look what happened. >> quit following my wife and baby with the camera. (bleep). get away from my wife and kids with the camera.
1:56 am
come on. (bleep). >> okay. all right. that last line right there he claims he didn't say what everyone heard him say. we all watched him say and we heard him say. he's saying he didn't say it. glad the gay and lesbian group has come out on twitter and de founsed mr. baldwin's comments. >> he said carrot. >> he said he said fat head not the gay slur. >> moving right along from that interesting piece of video. >> i think it's time for... is the producer alive? it's not working? is>> is >> a distant cousin of obamacare. >> thanks for the warning. >> dana.
1:57 am
you know dana? >> you want me not to do it? >> i want you to get it right. >> you have a picture of the clam? this is the oldest creature in the world. it was. it was found in the sea beds of iceland. wanted to see how old it was so when he opened it when he opened it he killed it. it was 507 years old. this poor clam was minding its own business. this is the story of environmentalism. >> dana? >> had a great quiz. i thought i would know the answer. it is called who should be your country crush. you can take the quiz on our facebook page. i thought i would be matched up with my favorite country music star. turns out i choose the best state -- i said north carolina. what do you like to watch most? pro football. it is not sir bentley who should be my country crush it was a guy
1:58 am
born in 1993 which i didn't think was legal, scotty mccreery. come on. >> i see a future. >> let's talk about valentine's day, baby. >> what are you going to be doing? is>> valentine's day is going to be the new release date for 50 shades of grey. they have to push it back because the leading man jamie dorn needs a lot of help to prepare for this role. i didn't know it was tough to kiss or makeout all day. that's what the movie is about. >> i tried out for that movie. >> whitey bulger was sentenced to two terms. >> 2015. not this year. you got to wait for it.
1:59 am
2:00 am
>> good morning. it's november the 15th. a real test or another failure. the backlash begins after the president makes more promises. can he really change the rule or will insurance companies comply? >> it is a mayday call that you have to hear to believe. >> he had a passenger fall out of your plane? >> he opened the bus door. >> this morning a search for answers as to what are thely happened 1800 feet in the air. >> ritchie incognito is being bullied. is it a company just being

184 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on