On April 7, 2004, Rep Coordinator Stephen Gazda passed along the following policy:
Subject: [etree] Permission to Post Gavin DeGraw
OUR TAPING POLICY
We encourage the audio taping and trading of Gavin's live performances, with a few guidelines:
* Recordings are for personal use and trading only. Selling or commercializing any recording is illegal and will jeopardize taping privileges for everyone.
* When Gavin opens for a band, the taping policy of the headlining band dictates Gavin's policy for that evening.
* No recording gear or electricity will be supplied; be sure you have all the necessary equipment. Soundboard feeds are not provided at anytime. Video recordings are not permitted at anytime either.
* Please do not encode shows to MP3 without the taper's permission. The compression from an MP3 is not indicative of the original recording. We want to ensure that the best recordings are the ones that are circulated.
* Please be polite while taping by keeping in mind the crew and concert-goers around you. A fan's show experience should never be dampened by microphones or stands.
We feel that the taping and trading of Gavin's shows are important ways to spread his music and encourage fan interaction. With responsible recording and use, fans will continue to relive the memories. Thank you for your cooperation.