- Publication date
- 16mm Film, Educational Film, Bonnard, Pierre, 1867-1947, Painters, Impressionism (Art), History of art, Artists, Behaviorism (Psychology), Artists, Behaviorism (Psychology), History of art
- New York, N.Y. : Universal Education & Visual Arts
- Digitizing sponsor
- Internet Archive
- Internet Archive
Narrator, Jean Bazaine ; music, Roman Vlad
Discusses the ife and works of the French painter Pierre Bonnard and his influence on French impressionism
Presents the successive stages of the work of the artist Pierre Bonnard, showing the countryside and other sources of his inspiration.
- 2015-02-13 19:48:12
- Or. Are. Or are they. Yeah Bernard was born in eight hundred sixty seven a year when the Impressionists Where is yet unknown to the public spending an idyllic childhood in a family home and is a a in the Alpine region of France but not lived in the glowing world of nature happy children and pets in the I'm troubled days before the close. Of all his life. This man saw things through the innocent eyes of a sensitive trial from his first years as a painter. He knew that his special quality was this natural and spontaneous vision. With fresh eyes he composed the world into new forms and intense colors. His first paintings the quiet recordings of intimate household life the family table and country scenes percent of the themes which he developed throughout his life. You. You know if you. Are. In eighty ninety but not moved into Paris studio on the rupee go with your odd and more Eastern is keen to enter into the exciting new era finding opened up by being prejudiced. But now slightly too much wealth with an affectionate interest on the busy life of speech. The ladies in that feather hats and Fox News or strong caps and bustling life of the cafes ghettos. From the dock the light falls in the long glow of lamplight saddle gradations of tone and pattern in the muted radiance of an interior the whole room is softly illuminated by the Flashdance a golden glow seeps into the colours from the ambient light. Landscapes Bernard. Began to expand in scope and depth of using the luxuriance of vegetation with the soft light of an overcast sky. In one hundred twelve he bought a country house on the banks of the stand which he named. Gypsy caravan every day. He took long walks through the builder posts and valley and often visited by name who lived just across the river. On the threshold of this world he pondered deeply on his art he felt the need to learn everything a new would make a fresh start of that time he said I knew that I must commence again from the beginning. Khaled turned my head and almost unconsciously I was sacrificing form toward a new approach to the composition of form came from that Europe struggling for examination of this. Hidden under the intense energy of his orchestration of colour but not smash tree and developing new terms of space composition was not generally recognized until cubism an abstract expressionism Agron their course. You're. A year later in the same room. This painting heralded the resolution of these problems of fall. The atmosphere is charged with an undertone of mystery. Attention quivering with resonant color the range between interior shadows and full sunlight homes and endless into play. The contrasts of light give material substance to unexpected there are disputes original combinations of intense colors brought together with unerring intuition charge that changing patterns with David light color was the top stone by which but not from the limits of perception. And. Dissipating discoveries in the science of perception in the way the I accept the scene but not implied the peripheral vision which surrounds the focused area of sight by masking and into weaving the separate plains of depth the central field is constant vicious did no sooner isn't just a big and then it is cut short by another merely glimpsed. The the. The first the it's the the old. But not never shouldered his lyric sensibility from the full force of color taking as its subject the private scenes non tricks of symbol to Mystic life he had transmitted the newfound freedoms of the impressionist into lyric times in a continuous line of development he brought the usage of natural light and color to the thread. Hold of abstract art. Evoking dimensions which have not yet been fully explored. Toward one hundred thirty nine but not moved to the little house in the south of France where he spent the rest of his life much affected by the war and the death of his wife and his finally is is only confidant was his neighbour let peace. He wanted the texture and substance of every square inch of his painting to be strong I'm some truce even at the expense of recognizability. Discussing his work when I'd said the painters OTT gives a human value to objects and reproduces things as they appear to a human eye and this vision is full of changes. Full of movement. We're not as in life there is a mystery. Color is not to be explained it is a Gift of The Women's form rises from human relationships life an awareness look beyond. The precise laws of matter are not brought these points to get them tumbling the delight in life into the discipline of art. Content to know that exercise an involvement or enough Serenity was his gift each time a mastery not reaches these levels the world has been made in you.
- Run time
- Internet Archive HTML5 Uploader 1.6.1
- Lasergraphics ScanStation
- Worldcat (source edition)