Flashpoint 11.1 Ultimate | Hi everyone. I'm pleased to inform you all that Flashpoint is finally getting a proper installer! There's a lot more to it than you'd expect though, so please keep reading.
With this new installer (and thanks to @Colin's hard work), Flashpoint is migrating away from an all-or-nothing release model to a component-based system. This means:
- You'll have the ability to customize which components you want available in your Flashpoint copy; this includes themes, extensions, platform support files, etc.
- Flashpoint will only need to be downloaded once - individual components can be updated without reinstalling each time
- More frequent database updates will eventually become possible
There's also a second utility being added to the mix - the Flashpoint Manager. It can be accessed from the launcher and allows you to add, remove, or update components in your Flashpoint copy with ease. Together with the new installer, these new apps provide a far more customizable and maintainable Flashpoint experience than what was possible before.
While the component repository is virtually complete, the installer and manager are in need of wider testing and feedback. If you want to help out, you can get started by downloading the installer from the link below; once Flashpoint is installed, you can access the manager by clicking on the "Open Flashpoint Manager" button in the bottom left corner of the launcher.
Frequently asked questions:
- Is the installed copy of Flashpoint still portable? Yes!
- Can I install it on top of my existing Flashpoint copy? I would suggest not to.
- Will there be a Mac/Linux version? Not for the forseeable future, sorry.
I'm looking forward to hearing what you have to say, and I'll try to answer any questions the best I can!
Go to Discord