#=dedicated to Bobby Vega's new camper (this is definitely a Kimock/Vega composition)
Vince Welnick (Vincent Leo Welnick) - keys, vox
Steve Kimock - guitar
Bobby Vega - bass, b.vox
Prairie Prince (Charles L'Empriere "Prairie" Prince Jr) - drums
Bobby Strickland - tenor saxophone, soprano saxophone, flute, b.vox
$$=w/ Stevie Blacke - mandolin, violin, b.vox
**=w/ Diana Mangano - vox
Source: AUD > DAT via John Adams
Transfer: Fostex D-15 > Tascam DA-3000 > WAV @ 16/48
Master: Wavelab 11 (tracking, glitch removal, fades) > FLAC 1648
--This was a charity event of some sort, and Jefferson Starship also performed.
--Two small dropouts in "Stella Blue" were made to vanish. Otherwise, no flaws.
--mhg :: 2022-04-02
vanillag NOTES (12/1/2022):
--BIG Thanks to whomever originally recorded & shared this Missing Man Formation 1997 set & to John Adams & mgoldey for their parts in the transfer & mastering of it & spreading it far & wide. Absolutely Appreciated & sounds great!!
--Band was listed as "Vince Welnick & the Missing Man Formation"
--Acts who played this "Benefit for the AIDS Health Project" were (from start to finish): Vince Welnick & the Missing Man Formation; Jefferson Starship
--The building which became The Fillmore was built in 1912 and initially housed the Majestic Hall and Academy of Dancing. Its name was changed from the Majestic Hall in 1936 to the Ambassador Dance Hall. From 1939 to 1952, it operated as the Ambassador Roller Skating Rink. In 1954, Charles Sullivan, one of the most successful African-American businessmen in San Francisco at the time, started booking bands and renamed the venue The Fillmore Auditorium. In December 1965, Sullivan let Bill Graham use his dance hall permit to book a benefit for the San Francisco Mime Troupe, and after that Graham continued to book shows there. Sullivan was murdered in August 1966 at the age of 57. For an indeterminate period from 1969 to 1970, the Fillmore Auditorium was operated by new management as the New Old Fillmore; during this period, the Grateful Dead and The Stooges performed notable engagements at the venue. The original Fillmore location became a venue called The Elite Club. The Fillmore reopened under Graham's management in the mid-1980s, but it was damaged and closed by the Loma Prieta earthquake of October 1989. After Graham died in a helicopter crash in 1991, those close to him decided to carry out his final wish to retrofit and reopen the original Fillmore, which required much structural work. The Fillmore reopened on April 27, 1994, with the band The Smashing Pumpkins playing an unannounced surprise show, and Primus playing the first official reopening show the following night. The Fillmore has once again become a San Francisco hot spot with frequent shows.
--For a standard show, the capacity of the Fillmore is 1,315 guests.
--I corrected some song titles toward how they appear on the original albums
--added more detail to the venue location
--added the band members info & corrected some incorrect spellings on the guests' names
--Diana Mangano is Prairie Prince's wife
--added more detail to the setlist
--added some pictures of the venue
--created an md5 checksum file
--added the ffp fingerprints to the text file
--"Golden Days" is mistakenly labeled as "Golden Road" on the FLAC...it is "Golden Days"