Just a few things added to the very nice and simple design of MarkBenson.
1. The locking screw in the gear never realy worked for me. I though I could partly flatten the lead screw but then my gear broke so I decided to actually make a selflocking M8 nut variety . The gear now is sandwitched between to nuts and its quite stable.
2. I didnt want to use my drill for that purpose as I believe its a pain in the ass to constantly mount and dismount, so I went for the solution villamany opted. An old motor laying around salvaged from some garbage electronics, and a 3 dollar chuck from ebay would beat any price.
3. I also opted for a MDF base instead of the printed one. Its easier to make from some scrap piece, Its more sturdy and more heavy which adds stability to the whole drill press